Soooo, if you were to ask anyone in my family if they like Parmesan Crusted Oven Baked Chicken, you probably wouldn’t get a big reaction… that is not because they dislike this dish…. On the contrary, this is a family favorite in our house! The issue that you will run into, is that everyone knows it by a different name. But for the sake of this blog, I figured that I would change the name to be a little more “user friendly”.
As a kid growing up, we would always come up with odd names for things, the more that my mom protested, the more my dad and us kids would use it! So at some point when I was about 10 years old, this dish got the name “Frickin Chicken”. My mom was not pleased but the more she frowned the more the name was cemented in and 25 years later everyone is still calling it that.
This is a simple recipe but as I mentioned it is a great one that also make great leftover. Here is what you will need:
2-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken in the cut of your choice (we use tenders for everything)
1 1/2 cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbls Garlic salt
3/4 cups butter melted
Pre heat your over to 375 degrees.
Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Melt butter in a shallow dish (big enough to dip the chicken into)
Dip the chicken pieces one at a time in the butter. Give it a second or two to drip off, then put it in the bread crumb mixture. Using a spoon (or your hands) cover the chicken with the bread crumb mixture, patting it to get it to stick if necessary. Place it in a baking dish. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken. If I have leftover bread crumbs, sometimes I will sprinkle a few over the chicken in the pan so that it gets a nice crispy crust when it bakes.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the center of the chicken is no longer pink (thicker cuts of chicken will take longer).
- 2-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken in the cut of your choice
- 1½ cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbls Garlic salt
- ¾ cups butter melted
- Pre heat your over to 375 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter in a shallow dish (big enough to dip the chicken in)
- Dip the chicken pieces one at a time in the butter. Give it a second or two to drip off then put it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Cover the chicken with the bread crumb mixture patting it to get it to stick if necessary.
- Place it in a baking dish.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
I can’t wait to fix your REAL Cuban Sandwich recipe… how do I prepare a ‘Cuban Pork Roast’.
Thank You… Linda