Okay, grilling is easily one of my favorite things about summer. There is less mess, less heat trapped in my house, and best of all, if I’m lucky someone else will do the hard grilling work for me
This one really takes the cake for being simple. Seriously – it takes less than 5 minutes to throw together, and it’s only four ingredients. The combination of orange and ginger sort of has me thinking forward to fall…but its too early for that……right?
All you’ll need is:
Thin to Medium sliced Chicken breast
. . . and my favorite, Ginger.
This recipe is naturally gluten free, and can easily be adapted to suit a low carb diet – simply swap out the Orange Marmalade for it. I promise you won’t have to go on a crazy scavenger hunt for the sugar free version – your regular grocery store should have it with the jellies and jams or in the sugar conscious section (usually by the pharmacy).
Start out by heating your grill to medium-high heat. Next, you’ll combine the ginger, orange marmalade, and mustard.
If you want one less dish to wash – feel free to combine them in a sandwich baggy.
Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and place on grill. Grill each side for 4-5 minutes. (until the pink disappears), or until it reaches 165° F.
In the last minute or so of cooking, spread glaze over chicken.
Once the glaze is hot, remove the chicken and serve with your favorite side dishes.
- ⅓ Cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon Prepared Mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 4 Chicken Breasts - Thin to medium sliced
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Combine orange marmalade, mustard and ginger, and mix thoroughly.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink, or until the internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit. In the last minute of cooking, spread glaze onto the chicken and heat through.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Enjoy! I can’t wait to hear what you thought of this recipe.